What information do you need to provide?
In order to provide appropriate advice personalised to meet your needs your adviser will ask you a range of personal, financial and lifestyle questions. You have the right not to divulge information about your individual objectives, financial situation and needs, however your adviser will warn you that this may mean the advice you receive is not appropriate for your needs.
The type of information we may require is as follows:
- Details of your financial needs and objectives
- Details of your current financial circumstances
- Assets, liabilities, income and expenditure
- Insurance cover and superannuation
- Information about your Centrelink eligibility
- Details about your health or your family health which may impact upon our recommendations
What will you do with information you have on file?
We will not collect any Personal Information about you except when you have knowingly provided that information to us or authorised a third party to provide information to us.
We will not use or disclose personal information collected for any purpose other than for which it was provided or where you have consented to disclose information on your behalf. Where we are obliged to disclose information by law, for example, under Court Orders or Statutory Notices we will do so.
In the normal course of providing you with financial advice and assistance your information may be provided to:
- Support staff who will assist
- Superannuation fund trustees, insurance providers, and product issuers for the purpose of giving effect to your financial plan and the recommendations made by us
- To the trustees or managers of Master Trusts and Wrap Accounts whom services we may recommend
- To organisations to whom we may outsource certain functions from time to time
- To another financial planner during periods when your original financial planner is unavailable so that you can be assured of receiving a continued service
We may use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material such as articles that may be of interest to you, however if you do not wish to receive marketing material, please notify your financial planner.
We will seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is treated as confidential.
Will my information be disclosed overseas?
Some of the entities we share information with may be located in, or have operations in, other countries. The current list of countries to which your personal information could be sent is set out below:
- Administration, research and other financial services and specialist advice: Canada, India, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, United States of America
- Sending or receiving superannuation benefits overseas: England, New Zealand
Any overseas disclosure does not affect our commitment to safeguarding personal information we collect and we will take reasonable steps to ensure overseas recipients comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Can I access information you hold on file?
We maintain a record of your personal profile and recommendations made to you. If you wish to examine your file, please ask us and we will make arrangements for you to do so.
What do I do if I have a complaint about my privacy?
GPO Box 12, Brisbane QLD 4001
T 07 3112 5450
F 03 3221 5744